What size are your portable storage and moving containers and how much can I put in them?
We have 4 sizes.
- 20’ long, 8’ wide and 8; high with nearly 1,200 cubic feet of available space. Generally, this storage container will hold the contents from the main living areas of a 1,800-square-foot home (basement, garage, patio and attic items may require an additional container). Sofas and other large items will easily fit in the storage container. 10,000lbs weight limit.
- 16′ long, 8′ wide and 8′ high with nearly 900 cubic feet of available space. Generally, this storage containers will hold the contents from the main living areas of a 1,500-square-foot home (basement, garage, patio and attic items may require an additional container). Sofas and other large items will easily fit in the storage container. 7,500lbs weight limit.
- 8’ long, 5’ wide and 7’ tall with approximately 250 cubic feet of available space. 2,500lbs weight limit. (only available in our Las Vegas location)
- 8’ long, 4’ wide and 7’ tall with approximately 210 cubic feet of available space. 2,000lbs weight limit. (only available in our Las Vegas location)
- Please call the Customer Care Center at the phone number listed above for further guidance if you know you will be loading or storing heavy items.
Where should I have my container placed?
For convenience, safety and security, we recommend placing your storage container in your driveway whenever possible. Placement on the street is another option. In either case, you are responsible for obtaining any necessary permits and complying with any and all local ordinances.
- Can I move my storage container after delivery?
No, although some of our containers have wheels, you will not be able to move your storage container after we’ve locked the wheels in place upon delivery. Our representatives will ask specific questions about where you’d like your storage container placed, and if you are present when your storage container is delivered, you can show the driver exactly where you’d like it placed. If you change your mind about this location, we will return to reposition the storage container for you at an additional charge. This wheel-locking feature helps secure the storage containers and enhances safety.
- Where can I store my container?
Keep your portable storage containers at your residence or have us store it at one of our secure storage facilities. Your storage container can be kept indoors or outdoors based on your preference, and while there is an additional charge for this, you can rest assured knowing your belongings are protected in a secure environment. Let us know when you’d like your storage container returned to your site, and we’ll deliver the container to you, saving you the hassle that comes with moving things in and out of a self-storage unit.
- How are items secured in a container?
Our portable storage containers offer features superior to the competition, providing more tie-down rings with unique design and positioning to help you secure your things in just the right place. You’ll have peace of mind knowing that the belongings you value will be protected against shifting while being stored or moved.
- How can I access my container when it is stored at your location?
You can make arrangements to have your storage container delivered to your residence, or you may schedule a time to access your belongings at our storage facility. Please schedule storage facility visits 24 hours in advance by calling the phone number listed at the top of this page. For delivery to your location, please provide 48 hours’ notice.
How do I pay?
You may pay using your Visa®, Mastercard®, Discover® or American Express® credit card. You will be charged for the initial services when your portable storage container is delivered to your residence. The charge amount will be held on your credit or debit card 24 hours prior to the event. If you keep your storage container longer than a month, you will be charged an additional month’s rent for each subsequent month of rental. Other charges, such as returning the storage container to your residence from warehouse storage, may also be billed at a later date (based on when the service is performed) and the charge amount will be held on your credit or debit card 24 hours prior to the event.
Do you offer insurance for my belongings?
You are responsible for securing your items while in the storage container at your residence. Often, your homeowners insurance will provide coverage while at your residence and in transit; we recommend you check your policy.
Can SAM Nevada help me pack and load my belongings?
Yes, the Do-It-Yourself Plus option includes packing and/or loading services allowing you to choose how much help you want based on your needs and budget. SAM, Store and Move arranges for these additional services to be performed by agents of its sister companies, Puliz Moving & Storage or Sierra Moving Systems, which have the expertise to pack and load household goods items. This option is available for local and long-distance moves as well as storage. Call our Reno or Las Vegas office for more information and pricing.